Improved Member Call-In ExperienceSeptember 19, 2019
We’re excited to share that we’ve enhanced our interactive voice response (IVR) functionalities across our Customer Service and Member Services teams, allowing us to better serve our members.
Now when members call us, they can self-identify and verify key information through the IVR system before being connected with a Customer Service or Member Services representative. This simple step will reduce wait times and help members trust that the information they provide us is secure.
There are two authentication processes: one for Medicare and one for commercial and individual members.
- Medicare members can be authenticated in two ways.
- 1. Caller ID and date of birth
- 2. Member ID number and date of birth
- Medicare members also still have the option to connect directly with a Member Services representative without entering information, as they do today
- Commercial and individual members can be authenticated in four ways.
- 1. Member ID number and date of birth
- 2. Caller ID and date of birth
- 3. Date of birth and last 4 digits of Social Security number
- 4. Caller ID and last 4 digits of Social Security number
Please be aware of this new system when calling on behalf of a member. Also, remember to mention this customer service enhancement when discussing Health Alliance with current or prospective clients.
If you have any questions, contact Broker Support at 877-917-8489 or BrokerServices@healthalliance.org.