As we near the end of the year, we want to update you on the Medicare Advantage commission schedule for the next few months. This year, you’ll receive two payments in December.
• December 20 for November effective dates
• December 31 for December effective dates and November retroactivity
We’re also working to process January’s Medicare Advantage commissions as quickly as possible, and the payment for January 2019 new sales and renewals will be out by the end of January. Normally, our policy is to pay commissions the month after the effective date, but knowing you sell and renew the majority of your Medicare Advantage book of business in the fourth quarter, we strive to pay January’s commissions in January.
January through March schedule:
• January 18 for December retroactivity
• January 31 for January effective dates and January renewal payment
• February 20 for January retroactivity
• March 20 for February effective dates
Commercial commissions are not affected by this and will follow their normal payout schedule.
And remember, you can review your book of business anytime on Your Health Alliance for brokers. Thank you for your hard work and partnership.